The GMMCCP is being phased out over the course of 2011. Learners still undergoing this course must ensure they achieve all the requirements for successful completion (see link below).
Study days are being phased out over the next months. Many dates are now fully booked, so we cannot guarantee to accommodate learners who are not progressing through the study days. Learners should ensure they are booked on, and attend, enough days to ensure a minimum 80% attendance. Please also be sure that you are aware of your completion date – check with your PBE. The GMMCCP workbooks are being removed from the website. If any learner is unable to access the workbooks via their department or via their PBE, please contact the Skills Institute, quoting your learner reference number.
Please note that if we cannot identify you as a learner on the GMMCCP, we may be unable to assist you.
Requirements for completing the GMMCCP and University Accreditation >
Requirements for completing the GMMCCP
Attendance: Minimum 80% attendance on study days for all learners. In addition, non-ICU/HDU learners (patient care level 0-1) must provide proof of AIM (include a copy of your certificate in with your portfolio when submitting to the CCSI).
Workbooks: All workbooks must be fully completed. (15 workbooks for patient care level 0-1; 17 workbooks for patient care level 0-3). There are some exceptions for level 0-1 learners, these are listed in the front section of your competency document.
Competency Document: Must be fully completed. Minimum of 80% of competencies must be at taxonomy level 3. The remaining 20% must be at least level 2.
Check that names, signatures, and dates are inserted throughout. Also that your mentor has included comments in the ‘action’ boxes.
If there is anything you are unsure about, please contact your Practice-Based Educator, or the CCSI.
<< Back : University Accreditation >
Learners who have successfully completed the Greater Manchester Multi-professional Critical Care Programme (GMMCCP) at level 0-3 may apply to the University of Manchester to enrol on the Intensive Care Course by Portfolio Review.
Learners who have successfully completed the GMMCCP at level 0-1 may apply to the University of Manchester to enrol on the Management of the Acutely Ill Patient (MAIP) by Portfolio Review.
The University of Manchester will acknowledge the GMMCCP with 40 CAT points.
For further details please contact –
Telephone: 0161 306 7604