Information about being a Student Representative
Student Representatives hold an important and privileged position being responsible for raising issues for the whole group at a Programme Committee meeting for the course allowing issued raised to shape and mould the course in the future by instigating changes.
Programme Student Representatives
Representatives are sought for each intake of students to act as “the voice” of the student population. A Practice Based Educator will act as a student link and meet with student representatives on a quarterly basis, with minutes recorded and forwarded to the Programme Lead for response.
Student representatives will attend and contribute to the Programme Committee, and will then feed back to the student body. As part of the Annual Monitoring Exercise, the Programme Team must demonstrate how it has responded to key issues identified by students, and the Programme Leader should summarise this within the Quality Action Plan. The Programme Leader will ensure that student representatives are fully aware of their role and responsibilities, and will support them in the fulfilment of their duties. The MMU Students’ Union provides training for student representatives. Read More >
The role of student representatives is:
• To represent their fellow students;
• To bring key issues concerning the management of the course (including learning, teaching, assessment and learning support) to the attention of the Programme Team;
• To participate in the Annual Monitoring Exercise as members of the Programme Committee;
• To provide advice to the Programme Team on issues relating to the quality of the student learning experience;
• To provide advice to the Programme Team on the operation of processes for the polling of student opinion on the learning experience, its analysis, response and publication;
• To be consulted about proposals for programme development;
• To be members of the student/staff liaison committee if such a group has been established by the Programme Committee.
<< Back : Read More >
In volunteering to become a student representative the student will receive some coaching and training on how to deal with student issues and act appropriately. You will be fully supported in this role, having meetings with a nominated Practice Based Educator who will guide you. We are therefore seeking volunteers to act as student representatives for the course, due to the groupings of students we are seeking a “spokesperson” for each group of students and a representative for the whole cohort.
Please consider the attached information about students reps and if interested please complete the slip below and bring it with you to the Learner Induction where you will be asked to submit your interest.